Job No.: HEU / 2018-19 / PRO-001
Designation : Deputy Manager -Procurement
Education : B.Tech B.E.( Mechanical )
Salary : 9-11 lac pa
Industry : Heavy Engineering
Experience : 12-15 Years
1. Plan, Organise, Coordinate & control procurement activities for stores and
spares items, Steel procurement of all grades, Ferrous & non-ferrous materials/ Raw Material/ Furnace Oil/ Diesel ensuring timely support to maintenance and operations of the Engineering Unit.
To purchase materials according to required technical specification, price, delivery schedule and terms. Ensure purchasing activities align with corporate purchasing policies and procedures.
Should have experience of around 12 to 15 years in procurement of castings and forgings for valves as per ASTM / IS standards in various grades of carbon steels, Stainless steel, Duplex Stainless steel.
Experience in handling fabrication items and heavy machinery
2. Procurement cost: Monitor & review the price trends of steel , stores & spares & other critical materials & ensure deliveries at optimum cost.
3. Vendor Development : Explore alternate markets. Explore alternate supplier. Regulate quantities & deliveries in consultation with user departments on day today basis. Develop alternate supplier to OEM without compromise on quality. Review vendor rating of existing & identification of new vendors for quality, cost and delivery improvements.
4. Management Information Systems : Providing to Technical director/Head(Group procurement)-R.O on fixed period basis or as & when needed regarding pending PRs/Pending POs. Technical inputs/guidance in consultation with Tech. Deptts. Clarification against Pos Amendments in Price & other terms. Co-ordination between Vendors & Tech. Deptts. for new products/services.
5. Lead time reduction: Monitor & review lead time of critical and regular items identify & implement corrective actions for reducing lead time to improve customer satisfaction. Regular follow ups with major steel suppliers i.e. SAIL / RINL / JSPL / TATA etc.
6. Implementation of Quality Systems : Ensure implementation of systems like ISO 9000, OHSAS & SA 8000 etc. through employee involvement for continuous improvement in the Purchase section.
7. People Management: Build & sustain a conducive work culture by effective management of people to improve productivity growth and motivation levels of employees to institutionalize best.
Salary: INR 9,00,000 - 11,00,000 P.A.
Industry:Industrial Products / Heavy Machinery
Functional Area:Supply Chain, Logistics, Purchase, Materials
Role Category:Purchase/Material Management
Employment Type:Permanent Job, Full Time
Desired Candidate Profile
UG:B.Tech/B.E. - Mechanical