A Leading Heavy Engineering Company(The KCP Limited) is looking for professional in Supply Chain Management with experience and exposure in the following areas.
A competent professional with Engineering background and progressive experience in procurement in a purely techno-commercial background, with expertise in Supply Chain Management PPC, Materials Management, Stock Maintenance, Strategic Sourcing, Development, Indirect Material & Man Management.
- Effective planning and scheduling to meet pre-set production targets and maximize production with minimum work in process inventory levels.
- Extensive experience in purchasing all mechanical components and integrated systems, production spares and plant-consumables, services, materials, equipment / capital & expense items as per policy and process guidelines.
- Sound knowledge of EPC companies and contractors, Suppliers, Fabricators and Service-Providers in and around India with sufficient exposure to ANSI, ASME, API, DIN & ASTM standards and relevant codes.
- Ability to develop, negotiate and implement commercial contracts with suppliers within time frames.
- Define goals, Metrics, Benchmarking, monitoring systems, communicate to employees, review and make suitable decisions and lead the team for betterment & upgradation.
- To achieve cost savings through procurement by negotiation process. Good knowledge in commercial documentation.
- Study the action Plan / BOM Related to the understand parts to be developed, Study the drawing of the parts for procurement.
- Excellent communication skills both spoken and written to deal with vendors & team on purchasing problems, transportation, receiving materials, invoicing problems and processes
Procurement & Contracting activity.
- Procurement on daily basis(need base) or projects as per agreed plan.
- Vendor Development for Castings, Forgings, Fabrication, Machining, Proprietary and Indirect materials.
- Implementing cost reduction and quality improvement projects as well as 5S activities to enhance profitability and productivity in Machine shop.
- Co-coordinating with Suppliers, Project site, User Departments, Stores, Quality Control for timely completion of work.
- Identifying new Vendors, preparation of Vendor Qualification Criteria, Short listing Pre Qualified Bidders.
- Negotiation with vendor for finalizing scope of supply, delivery of goods according to requirement, pricing, terms & conditions like taxation, Insurance, Indemnity, Performance Bank Guarantee, liquidated damages etc.
- Preparation & Issuance of RFQ/RFP, to Pre-Qualified Bidders, Receiving offer.
- Active involvement in Technical discussions with Technical team and approved suppliers and making technical comparisons, Preparation of Competitive bid analysis.
- Placing Purchase Order, Expediting & Contract Administration, Inspection, Monitoring the job progress & daily review through Material planning.
- Monitoring the complete execution plan as per customer requirement.
- Maintain Inventory level
- Interaction with Finance & Accounts for Budget allocation.
- Analysing contract documents to determine contractual obligations and preparing recommendations regarding acceptance or modifications of MOU, Logistics - Annual Rate Contracts, Annual Maintenance Contracts and Cost Reduction.
- Preparing & negotiating contractual agreements with equipment suppliers to ensure & protect company's interest.
- Subcontracting of Fabricated & Machining Items [VMC , HBM , CNC] and allocation of Work to Subcontractors.
Key Skills -Purchasing, Scheduling, Material Planning, Subcontracting, Heavy Engineering & Machinery, Supply Chain Management., Machining Process , Fabrication , Castings, Forgings, Communication etc.
Experience : Atleast 10 to 15 years of experience in heavy engineering industry with engineering background.
Industry : Heavy Engineering
Qualification: BE/B.Tech (Mechanical)
Note: We request only people with relevant experience to kindly apply.
Opening : Immediate
Salary: Not Disclosed by Recruiter
Industry:Industrial Products / Heavy Machinery
Functional Area:Supply Chain, Logistics, Purchase, Materials
Role Category:Senior Management
Desired Candidate Profile
UG:B.Tech/B.E. - Mechanical
The KCP Limited